By downloading or using the Mobile Assessment Security Scanning Application (“App”) and the services provided through the App (“Service”), these terms will automatically apply to you – you should make sure therefore that you read these terms carefully before using the App.
The App itself, and all trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights related to it, belong to CyberSecurity Malaysia.
CyberSecurity Malaysia (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to ensuring that the App is as useful and efficient as possible. For that reason, we reserve the right to make changes to the App or to charge for the Service, at any time and for any reason. We will never charge you for the App or the Service without your prior permission, or without making it very clear to you exactly what you’re paying for.
- It is your responsibility to keep your phone and access to the App secure. We therefore recommend that you do not jailbreak or root your phone (which is the process of removing software restrictions and limitations imposed by the official operating system of your device), as this could make your phone vulnerable to malware/viruses/malicious programs, compromise your phone’s security features and it could mean that the App won’t work properly, or at all.
- Certain functions of the App will require the App to have an active internet connection. The connection can be Wi-Fi, or provided by your mobile network provider. CyberSecurity Malaysia cannot take responsibility for the App not working at full functionality if you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, and/or if you are unable to use the App where you do not have mobile data.
- If you’re using the App outside of an area with Wi-Fi, you should remember that your terms of the agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply. As a result, you may be charged by your mobile provider for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the App, or other third party charges. In using the App, you’re accepting responsibility for any such charges, including roaming data charges if you use the App outside of your home territory (i.e. region or country) without turning off data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re using the App, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer to use the App.
- Along the same lines, CyberSecurity Malaysia cannot take responsibility for the way you use the App. For example, it is your own responsibility to ensure your device has been sufficiently charged – if your device runs out of power and you are unable to turn it on to avail of the App or the Service, CyberSecurity Malaysia cannot accept responsibility.
You must not:
- use the App or the Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App, the Service or any operating system;
- infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or the Service, including by the submission of any material;
- transmit, post, publish or upload any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App or the Service;
- use the App or the Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service;
- copy or modify the App or any part of the App, including any of trademarks, copyrights or any of our intellectual property on the App or Service;
- extract, or attempt to extract the source code of the App; and / or
- make derivative versions of the App, including by making the App available in any other language.
In the event we suffer any damages, losses, liabilities or we are the subject of any claims arising due to any contravention of the use restrictions above or otherwise as a result of your breach these terms, you agree to fully indemnify us against any such damages, losses or liabilities which may be incurred by us.
Please bear in mind that although we endeavour to ensure that the information provided on the App is updated and correct at all times, we do rely on third parties to provide information to us and we cannot make any guarantees in respect of the accuracy of the information provided by such third parties. CyberSecurity Malaysia accepts no liability for any loss, direct or indirect, which you may experience as a result of relying wholly on any functionality of the App.
Limitation of Liability
The App and Service is provided by CyberSecurity Malaysia at no cost to you and on an “as-is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you or any other person for any damage or loss suffered howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other basis, including without limitation to all direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential damages, economic loss, loss of profits or savings, or loss of opportunity arising from (i) any interruption or unavailability of the App, the Service and/or the content therein (ii) your access or use of the App (or any third party link to or from the App), and (iii) your reliance on any information provided in the App.
At some point, we may wish to update the App. The App is currently available on Android, however, the requirements for the system (and for any additional systems we decide to extend the availability of the App to) may change, and in such cases, you’ll need to download the updates if you want to keep using the App. You acknowledge and agree that CyberSecurity Malaysia has no obligation to update the App so that it remains relevant to you and/or works with the Android version that you have installed on your device. Where we offer updates to the App, the responsibility to download and accept such updates will at all times rest with you. We also reserve the right to stop providing the App, and may terminate use of it at any time without providing prior notice of termination to you. Unless we tell you otherwise, upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted to you in these terms will end; (b) you must stop using the App, and (if needed) delete the App from your device.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We may update our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Thus, you are advised to review this page periodically for any changes. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms and Conditions on this page. These changes are effective immediately after they are posted on this page.