Recently, VMware has released security updates to address multiple vulnerabilities in multiple products.
A remote attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system.
3.0 Affected Products
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware Fusion Pro / Fusion (Fusion)
- VMware Cloud Foundation
- VMware ESXi
- VMware vRealize Network Insight (vRNI)
MyCERT encourages users and administrators to review VMware Security Advisories VMSA-2022-0031 and VMSA-2022-0033 and apply the necessary updates by referring below.
- VMSA-2022-0031 : https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2022-0031.html
- VMSA-2022-0033 : https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2022-0033.html
Generally, MyCERT advises the users of these devices to be updated with the latest security announcements by the vendor and follow best practice security policies to determine which updates should be applied.
For further enquiries, please get in touch with MyCERT through the following channels:
Phone: 1-300-88-2999 (monitored during business hours)
Mobile: +60 19 2665850 (24x7 call incident reporting)
Business Hours: Mon - Fri 09:00 -18:00 MYT