MyCERT Advisories, Alerts and Summaries for the year 2017
MA-688.112017: MyCERT Advisory – Intel Firmware Vulnerability
Date first published: 23/11/2017
Intel has released recommendations to address a vulnerability in the firmware of Intel Active Management Technology (AMT), Intel Standard Manageability (ISM) and Intel Small Business Technology. Intel has identified security vulnerabilities that could potentially impact certain PCs, servers, and IoT platforms.
An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system.
3.0 Affected Product
• 6th, 7th & 8th Generation Intel Core™ Processor Family
• Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v5 & v6 Product Family
• Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family
• Intel Xeon Processor W Family
• Intel Atom C3000 Processor Family
• Apollo Lake Intel Atom Processor E3900 series
• Apollo Lake Intel Pentium
• Celeron™ N and J series Processors
MyCERT highly recommended users to review and adhere to the information provided at the below URL:
Generally, MyCERT advises the users of this product to be updated with the latest security announcements by the vendor and follow best practice security policies to determine which updates should be applied.
For further inquiries, please contact MyCERT through the following channels:
Phone: 1-300-88-2999 (monitored during business hours)
Fax: +603 89453442
Handphone: +60 19 2665850 (24x7 call incident reporting)
SMS: CYBER999 REPORT EMAIL COMPLAINT to 15888
Business Hours: Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 18:00 PM MYT