MyCERT Advisories, Alerts and Summaries for the year 2017
MA-649.022017: MyCERT Advisory – Adobe Releases Security Updates for Flash Player, Digital Editions and Campaign
Date first published: 15/2/2017
Adobe has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player, Digital Editions, and Campaign.
Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
3.0 Affected Products
• Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime version 188.8.131.52 and earlier for Windows, Mac and Linux.
• Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome version 184.108.40.206 and earlier for Windows, Mac, Linux and ChromeOS.
• Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer version 220.127.116.11 and earlier for Windows 10 and 8.1.
• Adobe Digital Editions version 4.5.3 and earlier for Windows, Mac and Android
• Adobe Campaign v6.11 16.4 build 8724 and earlier versions for Windows and Linux
Users and administrators are encouraged to review Adobe Security Bulletins and apply necessary updates available at below URLs:
• Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime 18.104.22.168 for Windows and Mac
• Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 for Google Chrome
• Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10 and 8.1
• Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 Desktop Runtime for Linux
• Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.4
Windows and Mac: https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html
Generally, MyCERT advises the users of this software to be updated with the latest security announcements by the vendor and follow best practice security policies to determine which updates should be applied.
For further enquiries, please contact MyCERT through the following channels:
Phone: 1-300-88-2999 (monitored during business hours)
Fax: +603 89453442
Mobile: +60 19 2665850 (24x7 call incident reporting)
SMS: CYBER999 REPORT EMAIL COMPLAINT to 15888
Business Hours: Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 18:00 PM MYT