1) SUPERAntiSpyware, a spyware-removal tool for Microsoft Windows. It comes with freeware and commercial version, where the freeware version is adequate for personal use.
The software could do a fast, thorough and custom scanning of Hard Drives, Removable Drives, Memory, Registry and others. It could also detect and remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers and many other types of threats
The software can be downloaded from this website :
Figure 1.0 - SUPERAntiSpyware download website
2) After the software has been downloaded, install the application.
Figure 2.0 - SUPERAntiSpyware installation
3) During installation, please check on the option to enable automatic update to keep the software updated during normal usage.
Figure 3.0 - Check on the option to enable auto update
4) Once the installation has been completed, user can execute the software from the shortcut on Desktop, and select Scan your Computer to do the scanning of the machine.
Figure 4.0 - HijackThis is generating scan log in text format (if option 1 on the scan menu was selected)
5) Please select Perform Complete Scan to do thorough checking on the machine.
Figure 5.0 - SUPERAntiSpyware Perform Complete Scan option
6) The software will scan your machine and this may take more than 30 minutes, depending on the system.
Figure 6.0 - SUPERAntiSpyware is scanning memory, registry and files as Perform Complete Scan option has been selected.
7) In the scanned system, the software has detected few entries of cookies that is associated with adware.
Figure 7.0 - SUPERAntiSpyware detected some malicious entry.
8) SUPERAntiSpyware will list details and summary of the entries detected. User can remove the entries upon clicking the Next button.
Figure 8.0 - SUPERAntiSpyware has listed details and summary of its findings.
9) As there are many possibilities of entries that depend on one's computer, user may want to seek second opinion of what malicious software or entries that had reside in their machine. Should user need to be sure, please do seek for professional advice in order to check the former state of your machine and whether it might still cause harm to your computer. To seek MyCERT's advice, please attach the log file that SUPERAntiSpyware produced upon scanning your computer and send it to us at the email address, mycert [at] mycert.org.my.
The logs can be obtained by clicking on Preferences and when another menu is opened, click on Statistics/Logs. Click on the logs you wanted to be diagnosed and it will open as a text file. You may save the log and send it to MyCERT for further investigation.
Figure 9.0 - User can obtain SUPERAntiSpyware logs for further analysis.
Last update : 6th February 2009